Monday, April 16, 2012

Bald Eagles & Barn Swallows

Ahhh spring has arrived. One of my favorite parts of living here is the evening meeting of the barn swallows. They gather at dusk on the old electric line and excitedly "churt" at one another, it always sounds like an interesting conversation! Watching Dave mow the I saw the little beauties flying around, actually they were soaring with the strong south winds. Another avian friend was flying over head as well, a mature bald eagle! The white of its head and tail is such a dead give away. We watched it soar above the house and Dave was able to call to it so that it stuck around for a couple minutes. The first wild eagles I ever saw were here on this land, and I am still thrilled when I watch them fly. We have hopes that they will nest here somewhere, which wouldn't be to far fetched since there is a nest site not to far north from this land. Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment